Thursday, 15 December 2011

Alpha Legion Pads

Click Image to Enlarge:

Alpha Legion Contemptor 1

Click Images to Enlarge:

Sunday, 11 December 2011

Dreadfleet Set

On Friday, Chris and George handed over some of the Dreadfleet set they're working on for me to photograph. The pieces shown are finished, but will be rephotographed with the complete set when it's all done. This is what we term extremely high end work, bordering on Competition grade, coming in at around £2500 for the complete set. As you can see though, the quality really is superb.

As ever you can click the images for larger views.


WIP Alpha Legion Pads

Wednesday, 7 December 2011

Vindicare Assassin

Click Images to Enlarge:

Urban Basing Kit Now Available

Having been asked a few times about how I do my urban basing scheme, I've put together this kit, which you can now order through eBay (find us here: for £4.25, including postage. Currently I have stock of 'Spring Mix' static grass, but I will be offering a range of varieties, so if you want something different, just let me know. Generally the static grass is used very sparingly so a quite strong colour often works better than something too subtle. If it doesn't the usual technique is to knock it back with a wash or dusting of pigment powder.
The images below show models I've done with exactly the materials in this kit. As usual, click any of the images for a larger view.

Tuesday, 6 December 2011

Necron Deathmarks Done

This squad is now done; a pretty fast job (around 15 hours' work I think) to raise quick cash for Christmas. Next up will definitely be the Blood Angels Death Company, which I should complete towards the end of next week.

Some of these bases were painted by my son Max (who's 7). Can you spot which?

Thursday, 1 December 2011

WIP Blood Angels Death Company, Necron Deathmark

Here's the Death Company test I've been working on based on the same techniques I picked up while working on the Black Templars. The basing's not complete yet (I'll do the whole squad and Lemartes as a batch) and will be done to match the recently completed Mephiston.

Here's a Necron Deathmark I'm working on as yet another very quick job to test some techniques and rake in some extra cash. Some minor tweaks to make to the OSL around the gun, and I may revisit it with a dash of silver to get some of the edges to pop on the metal body. In a change to my usual style the base is edged in brown (VMC Leather Brown). Black just didn't look right with the quite light, wasteland effect I hope I've got going here.

As ever you can click either of the images for a larger view.