Tuesday, 24 April 2012
The first Regult Tactical Pod of the bunch I have got some paint thrown at it recently. These models are quite fiddly to put together, but look pretty good when done. Trickiest part is cleaning up the parts prior to assembly and painting. Also made some tweaks to the Tomahawk, so there are some update shots of that below. As ever you can click any of the images for a larger view.
Wednesday, 18 April 2012
I was lucky enough to get a bunch of preproduction models for a Macross / Robotech miniatures game. And they're lovely. The client is still attempting to secure licensing and wants to set their game around the first Zentraedi conflict - so if you are, or you know someone at either Harmony Gold (Robotech) or Studio Nue (Macross) please drop us an email so we can get contact made with the manufacturer.
I've built a fair few types of Tomahawk, and this is one of the nicer ones. For a gaming piece it's ideal - enough detail to be fun to paint (and to look the part) but not too much to clutter the piece and make it difficult to paint. This one went from bare resin to finished inside of 5 hours (including cleaning and drying the resin). Pretty good for a model of which there are only likely to be half a dozen in a force.
As ever, you can click the images for a larger view.
Along with what seems like a million other sculpt and build-heavy jobs, I've been working on a commission for a set of custom helmets to fit on Games Workshop Space Marines. The client specified a more aggressive, snarling look for the basic helmet, along with Spartan style helmet plumes for Assault Marines.
The plumes at least will be available to buy soon, as will the helmets if I can diverge them from the Space Marine aesthetic a bit more.